Saturday, December 22, 2007

Great boost in Sponsorship

I've just come back into work today and I've received a mail from one of the Virgin Media Community Fund panel, this fund is basically helping to fund charitable and community projects, which staff are actively involved with, across a wide range of arts, sports, heritage, charitable and other community activities and events.
Put simply, if you're raising money for a charity or community project, they'll match what you raise - penny for penny, up to £250.
Here's the letter that I was sent;

Ben Appleton
Virgin Media
Consumer
Atlantic Pavilion

21 December 2007

Dear Ben

I’m delighted to tell you that your application for a Virgin Media community fund award has been successful.

I’m a firm believer in supporting associates who are giving something back to their local community or charitable causes. I think it’s crucial to our longer-term success that we get closer to our local communities to build our reputation as a company.
So I’d like to thank you personally for what you have done to date in support of
Help for Heroes.

Payment of a maximum £250.00 (matched to what you raise) will be made upon receipt of a donation request from your charity or organisation once you have completed the Big Battlefield Bike Ride. You should also ensure you supply the address the cheque should be sent to. Please send this information directly to Lucy Otter in Bradford who can be contacted by email.

Thank you again, and my very best wishes for your ongoing endeavours.

Regards

Virginia Budd
On behalf of the Community Fund Panel

This is a great boost to my target, I just hope I can get the rest of it as easily.

No comments: