Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Oh The Pain

Well I did the Liverpool Half Marathon at the weekend...that was nice.

At roughly the 6 mile point my ankle did something funny and got quite painful, I battled on to the to of Parliament street and then down Princes Street till I saw an ambulance. I got a lovely plaster for the blister I'd been cultivating and noticed a big red ankle thing going on. Being a real trooper I hobbled round the rest of the course so I could collect my medal then went home to sulk. About an hour after I finished I even got a text to tell me how badly I'd done.
Your time - 02:17:35
Position - 2886
Chip Time - 02:14:11
Rank - 2911
Category - MOPEN
Category Position - 1404
talk about rubbing salt in to the wounds... I was hoping for around 01:45, ah well there's always next year.

Anyway back to the ankle, I was off on Monday & Tuesday (thank god) so I went to the doctors to see what had happened. They had decided to change the appointment system and as my leg was still on it wasn't an emergency and I was told to call up in the morning to try and maybe get an appointment on the Thursday. Gutted, I went back to the car to find that it wouldn't start...this day was getting worse, oh I forgot to mention that Donna had my keys so I was locked out till I could get to her work and pick them up. This was going to be a long walk in to town. 2 hours later & £80 down the RAC got me back on the road, I went and got my keys and went home to sulk again.

On the Tuesday I got up bright and early and went to the Drop-In centre and was told that I had a sweet case of achilles tendonitis, so it's 1-2 weeks on crutches and loads of ibuprofen pills for me then. I don't want to delay it's recovery or make the injury worse so I'm sticking to the letter on this one, 2 weeks out is bad but if I couldn't do the ride I'd be gutted.

Anyway the sponsorship is starting to build up now and hopefully I'll have a few more prizes for the raffle soon, I'm going to have to start looking at getting some tickets printed...any ideas?

No comments: